Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How I Overcame My Fear Of Fish

Is posting twice in one day obnoxious? If it is, sorry 'bout it because it's happening. Being blog free for a week really made me miss it so you're going to hear about my vaca AND my Bachelorette Pick of the Week all in one day whether you like it or not. 

Our little family vacation was one of the best I've ever had. I didn't style my hair or do my make-up once so already that puts it in the running for the best vaca ever. That's also probably the reason why I took a total of 7 pictures while we were there. 


 Paul and I played in the sand more than two adults probably should and probably drank more Fireball than we should as well. It was seriously beautiful in "Up North, MI" (that's what it says on my souvenir hoodie) If it wasn't for the serious lack of internet, cell service and a Target store, I might really consider moving there. When you're laying on the beach and a bald eagle is flying over your head, you really feel like you're doing something cool. The margarita in your hand makes you feel even cooler, trust me.


I caught SO MANY two fish and it took me 10 minutes to be able to take a photo where I wasn't screaming slash looking terrified while holding that monster. In this post, I talked about my fear of fish hunting me in a pack and eating me and no joke, it really happened. I was standing in the water, beer in hand, minding my own business.. probably talking about the Bachelorette.. when my feet started to feel a little funny. I look down and there are a million man eating fish minnows nibbling on my freaking feet!! I ran faster than I have in years and probably looked a lot like Kim Kardashian when she decided to get a fish pedi. 


But at least I didn't name my kid North West.
But I did lie in my post's title. I'm still extremely scared of fish. Sorry.

A HUGE thanks to my wonderful sponsors who blogsat while I was gone last week!! If any of my other sponsors would like to guest post while I'm visiting my fam (and maybe even Erin!) in New York next week, I'd love, love, love to have you! 


 photo signature-9.jpg

7 comments:

Erin said...

I friggen hate fish! they are total creeps. I am also glad you got to go "up north" no one in Maryland knows what I am talking about when i say that, and i say it anytime i go anywhere that is in the woods whether is it north or not.

Alex[andra] said...

Ah, I'm sorry you didn't overcome your fear. But at least you're holding one! Seriously, Kimye is just... strange.

brooke lyn said...

bahaha this post makes me laugh. sorry fish scare you and i am laughing at your expense because of it. ;)

Tami said...

Ooooomg what is scarier than fish swarming at your feet? There is nowhere you can go but THROUGH them to get out! yuck yuck yuck

Jackie said...

Haha. Fish don't bother me. I grew up fishing with my Dad, so I learned at an early age how to play with the nightcrawlers and them go catch some fishies! Sounds like a great, relaxing vacation though :)

Wine and Summer said...

Fish are so gross. I totally get where you are coming from!

MacKensie said...

hahaha I used to love when minnows would nibble my feet at the lake! But when the brim fish started doing it, it would give me the heebie jeebies.. (how the eff do you spell heebie jeebies?!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...