Friday, May 24, 2013

Backin It Up To 2005

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!! Hope you all are able to enjoy the beginning of summer while the temperature here reaches a high in the 60s. Why can't you be cool like all the other states Michigan? You're like one step above North Dakota to me right now.
(no offense if anyone happens to be from North Dakota.. I'm sure it's very lovely)
 
I'm being sad about being old today. I don't know why. I think it's maybe the fact that I graduated from high school almost 10 years ago (still got 2 to go) or maybe I'm just really being homesick for my besties back home that just a few years ago, I'd be hanging with them this weekend drinking our weight in Keystone Light.
 
So for my first #backthatazzup Friday, I thought I'd bring us back to a moment in time, a long long time ago, called May 2005. Where I had just turned 18, was so excited to get the heck out of high school and drinking beer around a campfire was a completely normal after school activity.
 
These are the people I'd be doing it with:
The fact that these pictures still exist on my Facebook probably isn't a good thing.
And here's what we'd be listening to:
 
& because it was noon time, down time, break time,
Summertime, Miller time, anytime:
Nothin' To Lose by Josh Gracin on Grooveshark
 
But we'd be dancing to:
 
 

4 comments:

Katelyn said...

I'm in the same boat as you and can't believe it has been so long since high school- its fun to look back though and see how much has changed!

Alex[andra] said...

It's freezing where I am too! Here's hoping for warming weather. If you're turning old today, does that mean it's your birthday? Happy birthday if it is!

Faith B said...

Oh how I love me some Soul Decision. haha I haven't heard Faded in so long - thanks for that.

If it makes you feel any better, I still have some really old pics up on my facebook too. Last year I went through and cleaned up most of my pics. Made them private, or deleted them. And removed like 500 tags of myself haha.

Kristen said...

I just listened to that Soul Decision song twice. Haha! GREAT CHOICE!

I love all those pictures! haha. I should probably get rid of some of my old pictures on facebook lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...