Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Salsa Makes All The Pretty Girls Dance

Well hello there Blogland. Nice to see you again. I felt like I was doing something bad by not posting at all this weekend so it's good to be back.. Is it sad how guilty I was feeling?
 
Memorial Day weekend was probably the most laid back one I've had since I was 14 but I still got to eat, drink and be merry (is that just Christmas?) so I'm okay with that. This weekend actually made me feel bloggerish because before I'd let Paul take a bite of anything, I'd be all like "Hold on.. Need a pic for the blog." and he didn't even make fun of me for it. He's a good little Paul.
 
Friday - We went on a cute little date where we did apps one place, dinner another and then dessert at a brewery. Grand Rapids was just named Beer City, USA for the 2nd year in a row. This really means nothing to us because when we go to a brewery, we order vodka but I guess we were feeling kind of cool on Friday though because we actually ordered beer to go with our chocolate mousse and gelato cake.
 

Saturday - We spent all day at his sister's BBQ'ing then went out to a really late dinner where we drank martinis and tequila on the rocks.. which lead me to ordering a s'more tart. I have never liked dessert.. I don't know whats happening to me these days. My booty does not approve.
 

Sunday - We quickly headed out for some brunch and mimosa's and then headed on over to his family BBQ. I always love hanging out with his family because it makes me feel more at home. I didn't take any pictures but I DID make an awesome salsa that was devoured within 10 minutes of setting it out. You need to make it.
 
Summer Salsa
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1/2 red onion
1 can white corn
1 can black eyed peas
 
Chop all peppers and onion and add ingredients into large bowl

Add:
2 cups sugar
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil

Let marinate overnight
Strain in the morning
Serve!
(& be the coolest person at the party because
everyone is going to ask you for this recipe)
 
I wish I had taken a picture because it's also really pretty to look at.
 
Monday - We did some Petco shopping for Remi then to see Hangover 3. I liked it better than the 2nd but really wish they'd come out with a 4th one.. I feel like they set it up for one but then they said it's the "epic ending." They're really playing with my emotions here.
 
And because I'm always a proud mama lately, look how cute/big Remi is!
 Her new harness doesn't exactly fit her yet but she'll get there.  
 
The offensive song behind the title of today's post: 

7 comments:

Alex[andra] said...

Remi is so cute! I saw Hangover 3 too. I think the first one is still the best.

I love dessert! It's okay to indulge sometimes. :)

Wine and Summer said...

Love that song!! It reminds me of high school.

What a fun weekend. That salsa sounds delicious!

Rachel said...

That sounds like a fun time and that pup is so cute!! I wanna snuggle her!

Chloe said...

I only want anything sweet when it's shark week. And then I eat waaaay to much of it. Your puppy is tooo cute. I'm kinda jealous.

Kristin O said...

This salsa looks delish!! I will be making it!! I did everything for your Liebster Award today!! Head over to the blog to see your answers and check out who I nominated.

Thanks for thinking of me!!

Kristin
www.hopelesslyeverafter.blogspot.com

brooke lyn said...

i make a salsa super similar to this! so yummy and so summery

Erin said...

Give me ALL da burrs. Thank you very much. And your gorg. And give me Remi, duh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...